Friday 11 November 2016

Mosquitoe dream


It's been a long time since I saw a stirring dream. The kitchen walls of my studio were covered with oversized mosquitoes. It was not clear where they came from but they made me feel uncanny. I did not take any action. I did not try to kill them. They did not attack me. It was time to wake up. I kept on wondering who are these visitors? Why did they came and what do they want?
When I was back home in Latvia this summer I spent several days at my friends country house close to the river. Plenty of mosquitoes there. There was a moment when I got intensively bitten on my hands because I wanted to pick up some flowers from the sidewalk near the forest. In these forests and fields I grew up and spent my summers as a child. The little flowers represent a part of me of which I wish to be reminded while living in Amsterdam. Everything has a price, so I endured the itchy pain and allowed myself to be someones meal. I felt happy despite the irritation. The energy of the nature with it's living organisms that was present in that moment made me feel good. The next day I got bitten on my eyelid and many other places, and that was less fun, still the energising retreat in the nature was definitely worth it. The nature was in it's fullest glory. It is now almost winter and I'm far from rivers, mosquitoes and apple trees. The flowers are dry and framed and now I dream about big mosquitoes.


No comments:

Post a Comment